After being ill for a long long time (after six months, I’ve totally had it with lying in bed J), the Compagnie M.-contest motivated me to start sewing again! I combined the Ileana-raglan-sleeves with the Louisa-dress and the Lotta-collar and scaled them to adult size to make this unique dress for myself. In the front, I added a pleated part in a handprinted cotton by Belgian textile designer Lotte Martens. For the rest of the dress, I used both sides of a lightweight woolen fabric by Prada.
After finishing the dress, I felt a cape would fit with it. I started from the Ileana skirt in the biggest size. I lengthened it and changed the shoulderline using the raglansleeve-pattern piece. I cut the front pieces in two to add armholes, and did the same with the back piece to add a pleated part. The golden piping and the flowered cotton from the dress were used again to make everything match perfectly. I had planned a button placket and a peter pan collar, just like the original Ileana pattern has. But in the end, the result turned out better with an asymmetrical closure. So I used the fabric I had bought for the collar to make a little scarf!
I really enjoyed mixing, matching and changing the Compagnie M.-pattern pieces to create this outfit for the pattern hack category. 300 words are not enough to give all the details, but you can head over to my blog for more!