Ever since I started Compagnie M., the idea was to get you involved as much as possible. I have the feeling that Compagnie M. is not only my project. I draw the patterns and let you do the rest! You combine my patterns with great fabrics and accomplish amazing garments as a result. Clothes that often inspire me and other seamstresses to do the same! I can’t thank you enough for your creative interpretations. Thanks! :)
And probably you face the same problem as I do: your handmade clothes become too small for your kids or your taste changes or you just feel like creating new garments for your own wardrobe. But what do you do with your handmade Compagnie M. items? That’s what intrigues me for a long time already.
I keep my stuff. Obviously! Most of my handmade clothes are used as examples in fabric shops or on fairs. It’s such a great feeling to see that my clothes get a 2nd life after my kids enjoyed wearing them. And that’s when I got this idea:
Why not collect your handmade clothes and use them to present my patterns in shops?
I’ve had this idea for a long time already but now that my first participation to my first Stoffenspektakel is approaching, it’s time to set up a big action. Are you ready to join the Compagnie? This is how it works.
If you have handmade Compagnie M. clothes that are too small or that you don’t use anymore, I might be interested in adopting those.
- Take some pictures of the item(s) you would love to see at one of my stockists AROUND THE WORLD ! I would love to receive a general front / back picture and some detail pictures.
- Send those pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can send pictures of several garments. As long it’s Compagnie M. ;)
I’ll check your pictures and let you know whether your garment(s) are selected or not. These are the criteria that I will keep in mind:
- The quality of the fabrics should still be acceptable. I don’t hope for new items, so it’s no problem if you can tell that your clothes are worn.
- I don’t expect perfectly sewn items. Of course the result should be representative, but this project is for you (to get inspired) and sewn by you (as a customer).
- I will probably not be able to select all items you send to me, so don’t be disappointed when I don’t select your handmade clothes. Everything depends on the response. I want to create a big ‘Compagnie M. by you’ collection, but I might be overwhelmed. Let’s hope so!
What if your item(s) get(s) selected?
- If you items make it to the collection, you may send them to my home address.
- Per item that arrives in my letter box, you’ll receive a paper pattern for free! So for example if I select 2 of your handmade clothes, you receive 2 free paper patterns!
- You can pick some favourite paper patterns from our shop or ask for a voucher that will be valid till the end of the year. This way you can also wait for new pattern launches.
- I will make sure that your clothes get a Compagnie M. label and will be send to one of my stockists. Of course I will let you know where you handmade stuff gets a great 2nd life!
Example of a Compagnie M. label
This action is open internationally. But I can imagine that for some countries the shipping costs will be too high.
How is this action linked to my participation to Het Stoffenspektakel? Well: on the 5th of May you can also come to my stand at Het Stoffenspektakel (Mechelen, BE) and present your handmade clothes to me directly. If I decide to keep your handmade items, you can take home your favourite patterns at once. This way you don’t have to pay shipping costs… Even easier right?
I don’t know what you think about this action, so feel free to leave a comment. I will update this blogpost when you have any questions!
UPDATES / FAQ’S:
- You are also allowed to send pictures of mix & match projects. Pattern hacks are also allowed, but will only be selected when the original pattern can be recognised.
- I’ll make a first selection next Monday (2nd of May). But also afterwards you are allowed to send me your pictures!