Some of you might have noticed: I’m writing a book… and it’s not a sewing book! I have the impression that some blogger struggle from time to time when it comes to taking pictures of their creations. For several reasons: because it’s difficult to motivate kids, because you don’t have the technical knowledge, … The last 4 years I used my reflex camera a lot. Lisa & Nore were only 2 yo when I started blogging and I learnt so much by taking so many pictures for Compagnie M. So I feel like it’s time to share my tips & tricks. BUT I’m not doing this alone.
Through Sylvia, I got the chance to meet Vicky, the super sweet & talented photographer behind Silver Sixpence. She’s my partner in crime. :) I’m explaining you how to prepare a photoshoot, how to use props & accessories, have fun during a shoot, pic a good location,…. Vicky covers the technical part. What’s ISO, which type of light is perfect for a shoot,… Some of the info was even new to me. That’s the advantage of working with a pro!
The book will be launched by the end of June – beginning of July. This way you can practice your new skills during the summer months. First we’ll launch the Dutch version and depending on the success we’ll have it translated to English in a later stage.
We are not 100% sure how we would like to launch this book: as an e-book, as a physical book or maybe both? What do you prefer most? Just leave a comment below and this way we can try to take your opinion into account.
In cooperation with you?
Vicky & I would love to add as many beautiful pictures as possible in our book. Of course we will select some from my blog, but we actually would love to work together with you. :) Do you hear me coming? Well there are two ways to participate in this project…
Share your pictures!
First of all we are looking for nice pictures taken by… you. Would you like to be part of this project? Well… you may send me your best pictures (of your kids wearing a Compagnie M. creation) by email. It doesn’t have to be a new picture or creation. All Compagnie M. creations are welcome.
You may send your pictures to email@example.com. On the 4th of June at 9pm (CET + 1 timezone) I close the mailbox and will select some of you to be part of the book. We’ll use your picture(s) and we will or course link to your blog / add your name.
What to include in your email:
- High resolution pictures that can be used for printing (300dpi!).
- Only send me an email when you are ok with the fact that your picture will be published in our book.
- The kids should wear a Compagnie M. creation on the picture.
- Send me maximum 3 sets of pictures (so 3 creations). So be critical for yourself. I’m sure you can also see what pictures are best? ;)
- Mention in this email if you would like to be part of the professional photoshoot or not… (see below).
Come to our photoshoot!
Vicky will of course also take some amazing pictures for the book. She’s the perfect person to show us a perfect result right? For this photoshoot, we would like to include some new models. 4 would be perfect! Both boys and girls are welcome. Preferably between 1 – 12yo.
- From all the people that send us pictures we will select 4 kids that will have the chance to come to the professional photoshoot by Vicky!
- These pictures will also be used in the book.
- The photoshoot is planned on the 18th of June. Probably at Verbeeke Foundation.
- The kid should wear something handmade on this day. A Compagnie M. outfit of your choice!
Vicky & I will select the 4 kids by the 6th of June. This way you can still prepare your outfit for the photoshoot!
I hope you like both the idea of the book and the cooperation possibilities? We would love to hear from you!
NOTE: the pictures of Nore with her costume were taken by Vicky for one of her projects… If you ever need pictures for any occasion (personal of professional projects).. keep her in mind! I made the little costume, Nore made the Indian headband. ;)