Welcome at the Compagnie M. sewing contest! It’s the third year in a row that you can participate in this great challenge. This year it’s all about sewing coats: for girls or boys, plain & simple or hacked! Everyone with kids can participate.
Are you a beginner? Then don’t think this contest is too difficult for you: the plain & simple category makes this contest interesting for all types of seamstresses. Want to push yourself to a higher level? Sew a hack and surprise everyone like Eva did last year!
Be sure to participate because also this year I’ve got the most amazing sponsors. With their support I could create 9 awesome prize packs worth about 3.245 euro in total!!!
Pick a category and get creative!
- Plain & Simple LOUISA coat: Sew the Louisa coat pattern without changing anything to the original pattern. Of course there are still plenty of options to get creative: combine several fabrics, color block or pimp the design with small details without changing the pattern pieces!
- Plain & Simple LEWIS coat: Sew the Lewis coat pattern without changing anything to the original pattern. When you sew the Lewis for girls (which is possible of course!) you also participate in this category.
- Pattern hack: This category is the play field for the experienced seamstress! I invite you to hack one of my coat pattern (Louisa or Lewis). All seamstresses that change at least one pattern piece will end up in this category. Of course you may draw a complete new pattern piece too. Just make sure that we can still spot enough elements of the original pattern(s).
This contest is open to everyone!
Doesn’t matter where you live or how experienced you are. Do you feel like participating with several projects or categories? You can! The jury members are excluded from the contest, sponsors and pattern testers are allowed to participate.
This competition is not organised to get you stressed. :) No negativity please! Sewing is supposed to be fun!
The contest starts now and you have until December 4th 9pm (CET + 1 timezone) to send your creation to our contest mail address.
Prizes “Plain & Simple” category Louisa coat
Prizes “Plain & Simple” category Lewis coat
- Fabric package
by Elvelyckan design (€250)
- Private workshop for two
by Compagnie M. (BE) (€175)
- Pattern gift card
by Compagnie M. (€100)
“Pattern hack” category Louisa & Lewis coat
The jury consists seven members:
- Laurence: the Belgian sewing blogger behind ‘Ptitsmonstres’ and the winner in the Plain & Simple category last year.
- Karolien: the winner in the Mix & Match category last year.
- Eva: the Belgian sewing blogger behind ‘with love by Eva’ and the winner in the Pattern Hack category last year.
- Annika: the German sewing blogger behind ‘Näh-Connection‘
- Trine: the Danish sewing blogger behind ‘Groovybaby and mama‘
- Rachael: the owner of the Imagine Gnats webshop.
- Eva: the Belgian sewing blogger behind ‘by Eva Maria‘
To keep this contest a fair challenge and since I know some bloggers personally, I will not judge myself!
How will they evaluate your work ?
The jury will select a personal top 10 per category and score these projects. These four criteria will be taken into account:
- Fabric selection / combination
- Color use / combination
- Attention to detail
This year the public can’t vote. This way I try to keep it a fair contest for everyone. Of course you are welcome to comment on every blogpost in the contest blog 2016 or you can also easily like the post by clicking the little heart in the upper corner.
The winners will be announced on the 7th of December unless there are technical or practical problems.
Small note: I have 3 Belgian prizes (workshops) that can only be won by Belgian participates. The Belgian participants with the highest score in its category will win this prize.
How to participate
What can be submitted?
The submissions are pictures of the finished garment(s). Present them preferably on a model. It’s allowed to send items sewn before the start of the contest. Please keep in mind that clear pictures are easier to evaluate: it’s best to include at least one front, back and detail picture.
Every contestant can enter maximum 6 pictures per creation. Together with these pictures you’re allowed to submit an explanation of maximum 300 words (not compulsory). If you have a blog or website, you may add a link to more pictures / text.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to enter your project. Do you want to enter with several projects, then send us one email per project.
This is what the email should contain:
- E-mail subject: this will be the title of your blogpost
- E-mail content: all the text in the email will appear in the blogpost. So don’t add any other type of information.
- Pictures: attach maximum 6 pictures per project (preferably maximum 500kb per picture)
- Category: plain & simple Louisa, plain & simple Lewis or pattern hack. (Bjorn will thank you for this extra info!)
It’s important that you send us this email with the address linked to your Compagnie M. account.
After our approval, your project will appear in the contest’s blog!