Hello everyone,

I made a Louisa coat, with a few alterations, to turn it into a bambi coat!
The most difficult alteration was the hood.

I kept the original pattern on the inside of the hood, but on the outside I made a few alterations to make it look like the head of a deer.

I also added a split on the sleeve boards to make them look like hooves

Finally, I altered the split in the back and added a little tale and white spots for a realistic “bambi look”.

I used the original pattern for the front side of the coat (so no alterations here). I think the beautiful and elegant shape of the pattern would be lost if I would have changed it. Though I did use piping and some really nice buttons to give it an extra touch.

If you want to read more about this coat, you can also read my blog (in Dutch):

http://mesewlovely.blogspot.be/2016/11/bambi-jasje.html

2 Comments

Leave a Reply